Lou Masterman Center is an Intensive Residential Treatment Services (IRTS) program which provides 24/7 supervision in a group home setting located in Cape Girardeau, MO. This program is licensed by Missouri Department of Mental Health and funded through Missouri Medicaid. Residents must agree to work toward their own individual treatment goals, including but not limited to stabilization of their mental health and acquiring the skills necessary to graduate into more independent living situation.
Lou Masterman Center has 10 beds available for placement for both adult male and female clients. All are single occupancy bedrooms. Four rooms have private bathrooms with the other bedrooms sharing conjoined bathroom facilities. Three of our ten available beds are designated as diversion beds. Because individuals with chronic mental illness or co-occurring substance use disorders commonly experience recurrent crises, it is essential to provide an array of emergency care services. Common reasons for referrals to our diversion beds are the individual:
- Needs oversight for safety but not actively suicidal;
- Needs immediate temporary housing due to exacerbation of symptoms;
- Needs respite from real or imagined stressors at home or in the community;
- Are medication non-compliant, but in agreement to take medication as prescribed if admitted; and
- Self-care is significantly impaired
For more information regarding Lou Masterman Center, including admission criteria and openings, please contact the facility supervisor at (573) 335-1424.